Why choose Railhead Vision Systems?
Because we deliver a platform that you can build on and a team you can trust. We offer layers of back- up support from technical field support, to engineering, and software support.
Experience with Locomotive and Cab Car system integration
Railhead Vision Systems has about 1000 custom installations to date.
- Our systems are installed on Switcher and Road Haul locomotives from EMD, GE and MPI and National Railway Equipment Company.
- We also have several hundred installations on Bombardier and Nippon Sharyo Cab Cars and passenger rail cars. We will be installing Rotem cars soon as well.
- Railhead Vision Systems has been designing and selling On-Board Video Systems on locomotives since 1995 and are truly a pioneer in this arena.
- Our integrated system approach allows us to use the best components and put them together for the best overall solution.
Experience with Railroad installation
Besides our extensive in-house experience, we also use J and H Transportation for installations outside the Midwest.
- J and H have a combined experience of more than 75 years in the railroad industry/- Besides our extensive in-house experience, we also use J and H Transportation for installations outside the Midwest. culture• We stay current with hands on trouble shooting, repair, and electrical modifications on a wide variety of locomotives. . We are not lost or intimidated in the shop setting or with management personnel. They will like us!
- We stay current with hands on trouble shooting, repair, and electrical modifications on a wide variety of locomotives.
- We have two expert electrical diagnostic instructors with a strong UPRR background highly capable with both old and new locomotives.
- We are able to diagnose any problems and further engineer the applications as may be necessary.
- Our staff has been in management positions for years and clearly understands what it’s like to have contractors in the middle of your operation and how important it is to get in and then out of the way so that your shop can return to “normal”.
- We understand that this sort of work is a high profile situation. We know that our customers appreciate working with people that understand FRA and PUC rules, and that keep them informed of any conditions or situations that may pose safety concerns.
RVS staff as well as Wi-Tronix
RVS staff as well as Wi-Tronix will be on hand for the first installations.
- The main Wi-Tronix engineers are former EMD employees.
Digital Video Recorder
RVS has worked with several of the digital video recorders on the market. The RVS-DVR4 has several key advantages:
- Excellent video reproduction to clearly pick up signals and crossings.
- Proprietary MPEG4 video compression for longer storage times and smaller bandwidth for wireless applications.
- Large Hard Drives (up to 750 G) and optional Flash Drive Memory.
- Industry exclusive searching capabilities via GPS map, GPS speed and ER (Event Recorder) data.
- Ability to “throttle back” when viewing live to not hog bandwidth and increase live frame rate viewing.
Layers of back-up Support for RVS-DVR4 and RVS-LDVR4
One of the most important components of the “system” is the Locomotive DVR. Our DVR is “private labeled” from Apollo Video Technology out of Seattle, Washington. We have a distribution agreement with them for the Rail industry.
Apollo Video works with over 150 agencies nationwide and has over 5500 installations, including 300 state department vehicles in Iraq.
Back to Top
Video System in New Hyundai Cab Cars
RVS is already working with TOA to install our DVR on all new Cab Cars. Other agencies found it was very important to keep the software the same on ALL their equipment for efficiency. We are working with TOA to integrate some of their data into the recorder.
Back to Top
We have a strong strategic partnership with Wi-Tronix and proudly offer their Wi-PU which gives our customers the next level of PROVEN connectivity and ER integration. This gives you the following:
- Universal Event Recorder Interface
- Periodic and On Demand Event Recorder Downloads
- Event Recorder and DVR time synchronization with GPS time
- Enhanced GPS Tracking
- DVR Health Monitoring
- DVR Video Download
- Traction Motor Overload Events
- Throttle Duty Cycle
- Cumulative Locomotive Mileage (Odometer)
- Altitude Reporting
- Alerts (Ground Relay, Emergency Brake Application, etc….)
- Locotrol Downloads
- LCS (BELTPACK) Downloads
- Fuel Level Monitoring
- Fuel Efficiency Monitoring
- Ambient Temperature Monitoring
- Refuel Monitoring and History
- Alerts (Refuel, Low Fuel)
- Geo Fence Based Alerts
- DDEC (Engine Controller) Interface
- Locomotive Security System
- Inclinometer Interface
- Accelerometer Interface
By adding these provisions into the Wi-PU, it allows our customers the flexibility to add these capabilities (or other requested features) at a later date without having to purchase an upgraded Wi-PU, or remove any of the existing hardware from the locomotive. The Wi-PU hardware configuration provides a common platform across new and existing locomotives from any OEM. A common hardware platform eases the maintainability through the inventory of only one component.
Back to Top
Now we have the capability to display your ER data, video data, GPS location, and GPS speed all on ONE screen.
Unlike cheaper microphones on the market our units have adjustable gain, so we can effectively reproduce the actual sound. We use Pro grade microphone customized to reduce background noise which accentuates the sound levels originating from the bell and horn.
Back to Top
Higher Frame Rates
Higher Frame Rates which give you more critical details during accident investigations.
Back to Top
Introducing New Features Soon
- Graphical interface for ER data - June of 2009
- 3 axis accelerometer - July of 2009
- DC-500 camera with better low light ability - May of 2009
You will receive all sorts of promises concerning your cameras. Keep in mind, cameras may have similar specifications but will not pick up the wayside signals or interior of the cab in certain lighting… the same. They are one of those things that need to be tested.
We offer a variety of cameras and mounting options including Wide Dynamic Range, Day/Night function, Infrared, Pixim Technology, etc. Cheaper cameras may pick up a person, but not the face or necessary details.
As a manufacturer and a leading systems integrator, you can rest assured that we are utilizing the latest proven technology on the market.